By Pia Chatterjee
With the end of summer looming and the last few days of vacation at a menacingly short distance, it may be time to start thinking about where you as a budding entrepreneur need to be at the end of this year in order to be a prepared, confident, and capable professional a year from now. 2015 brought with it a steady stream of thought-provoking and unavoidable conferences, workshops and summits that drew together the most innovative minds worldwide to work together, share ideas and ultimately make the world a better place. While the year only has a few months left up its sleeve, it’s still looking to offer a ton of possibilities till the new year. Look out for these 8 events to be in the right place at the right time in the months to come!
- World Business Forum, Spain: If you’re aching to head back to your favourite holiday spot without further ado, don’t forget to attend this international forum on October 5th and 6th 2015 in the Spanish capital. With presentations by an incredible set of successful entrepreneurs such as Linda Hill, Steve Wozniak, Oliver Stone, María Belón, Sarah Lewis and Mohanbir Sawhney, this experience is sure to present you with a hefty number of powerful and inspiring stories. Make it to Madrid’s Teatro Real on time to witness the first edition of what will undoubtedly be a very impressive show.
- Greencities & Sostenibilidad, Spain: Head on over to Malaga after Madrid to learn more about Andalusian firms working to create smart cities in their area. The idea behind this particular forum is to provide participants with a platform to facilitate their individual networking and increase their business opportunities. It also provides the environment to stimulate debate and the dissemination of knowledge. You can thus participate as either a networking participant, trade visitor or exhibitor depending on which suits your venture best.
- USE 2015, The Netherlands: If you’re in the mood to practice your Dutch and attend a fantastic conference on the working of small enterprises, make your way to Groningen on October 21, 2015 for Hanze University’s “Understanding Small Enterprises” USE2015. Focusing on the themes of healthy working environments, technological and social innovation, corporate social responsibility, and globalizing SMEs, this event will undoubtedly provide you with valuable knowledge to incorporate in your own endeavour. With speakers including Maureen Shaw, Ben Hume and Dr. Gerard I.J.M. Zwetsloot , the conference promises to be extremely enriching. Don’t wait to register here.
- Global Social Business Summit, Germany: Start November off in Berlin with this annual summit to meet entrepreneurs, investors, leaders, and innovators in your field. This summit will specifically focus on a changing Europe requiring a transformation of the economy in the form of social business. Other than spread awareness about it and foster discussion between different stakeholders, the event intends to deliberate and conceive best practices in this still ambiguous domain. Don’t wait too long to buy your tickets for November 4 to November 6, 2015.
- Imp!act 2015, Switzerland: Join between 20 and 40 young entrepreneurs from Europe in Lausanne between November 11 and 14, 2015 to brainstorm, formulate and concretize your ideas and project so they can be tested by others in the field. Make use of important resources such as team building and feedback from experts provided here to better your plan and make your idea a reality. Imp!act also prides itself on the positive energy it creates for young entrepreneurs full of enthusiasm. With options in both French and German, this workshop cannot be missed. Register here.
- Startup Saturday, UK: Attend one of the most important one-day business classes in London on November 21, 2015 to learn how to turn your idea into a business. The class promises to teach how to research the market, build a home online, effectively use social media, market on a budget, find straightforward budgeting and financing techniques, and much more. The class will be led by expert, author, and founder of Enterprise Nation, Emma Jones MBE. With the startup book that comes with the very reasonable ticket price, this class is, simply put, a can’t-miss! Buy your spot here.
- Biofit, France: Biofit is one of the leading events to foster collaboration and partnerships between professionals in the field of Life Sciences. There are expected to be two full days of conferences grappling with themes ranging from licensing and tech transfer to the way to perform effective due diligence. Speakers will include Hitesh Sanganee, Jutta Roth, Garold G. Breit, Sara Nunez-Garcia and many more experts from all over the world, bringing together knowledge from diverse fields like pharma, biotech, medtech and academia. Especially if you’re already around for the Christmas market, attend Biofit in Strasbourg on December 1 and 2, 2015, so as not to let up on this opportunity!
- World Innovation Convention, Germany: Keep the ball rolling after Strasbourg and attend the prestigious World Innovation Convention in Berlin from December 2 to 4, 2015. This convention is bringing together bright minds from all over the world to not only present their experiences and stories with you, but also hold interactive workshops on unconventional thinking, business model innovation, innovation opponents and more. Use three days effectively by being present at the 50 sessions planned and interacting with professionals from over 500 fortune brands.
2015 is definitely not done bringing you all the events you need to be the most prepared you can be for 2016. With all of these lining up at your door, you can be sure to come out of vacation and go back into it 4 months later with a satisfied smile on your face.